Friday 8 October 2010

The Knitting and Stitching Show (once again)


Despite previously feeling completely exhausted and pretty much overwhelmed by the whole experience of having my own stand at the show for the first time, I am now, after my first glass of wine and taking my shoes off (in that order), feeling pretty 'normal' once again.
The show has been a real learning curve for me and I have discovered that it is quite a different experience talking to people about my own work rather than other people's products. In the past I have always been on the Rowan stand and have felt more than happy to promote their wonderful yarn range and exciting pattern collection, however, promoting my own design and stock has not been so easy as every design and product is there as a result of my own - very personal- taste and design ideas.
However, I now seem to be very much into the swing of things and have even started to relax a little and enjoy myself! People have been very kind and I have been amazed at the reception that the cushion kits and accessories have received. The hand made project bags have been particularly popular and I will be away within the next few minutes to finish off some more!


The web site is pretty much up and fully functioning now and you can go on line and download the cushion and runner patterns. The accessories will be added next week when we can work out what stock we have left over from the show and more stock items will be added over the next few months.

If you plan to come over the weekend, make sure to come and see me - I am on stand M36 in the main hall.