Tuesday 2 June 2009

Cup Cake Cozy


I freely admit to being a complete tea addict and even now the weather here in North London is warm and the sun is shining I still need my fix of boiling hot tea.
I have been planning to make a tea cozy for ages and - in the winter months - when my tea was getting chilly pretty quickly - I imagined a big woolly furry cozy, perhaps knitted in the lovely Rowan British Sheep breeds and maybe felted in the washing machine. Unfortunately I never quite managed to get one designed, so instead here is my summer time equivalent.
It is knitted in Rowan Cotton Glace and (as the world seems to have gone cup cake crazy) I thought it should have a quirky theme. It is made by making tucks in your knitting - this is a relatively easy technique and I hope I have made it simpler by adding the two tone blue stripes.
The cozy will fit an average sized pot. My pot makes 4 nice big mugs of tea and probably holds about 2 pints of the lovely steamy stuff!

If you would like to go on my mailing list and receive my monthly free patterns then email me:
janecrowfoot@yahoo.co.uk