Tuesday 25 November 2008

Embroidered Badges


Above are some examples of some really nice badges that I bought in Brighton on Sunday. They are hand embroidered onto silk and are really lovely.
Unfortunately (for me) I bought them for some of my knitting buddies (and not for myself) as small tokens of my affection to be popped in with their Christmas cards.

Brighton is such a great place to shop and so despite torrential rain Andy and I managed to spend virtually the whole day browsing and buying bits and bobs in preparation for Christmas.
The Lanes are especially good for gift buying. We even managed to find a small shop dedicated to outfits for dogs so of course we had to buy Scram a new mac (camouflage with a fur trim hood).
Anyway I digress. These badges are made by a company called 'Sumptuosity' who are based in York, they also make lavender bags, book marks and covered note books all of which are just lovely and not hugely expensive. http://www.sheer-sumptuosity.co.uk/