Saturday 11 October 2008

Divas Dont Knit


I sat up last night and finished 'Divas Don't Knit' by Gil McNeil. I started reading it on the beech in Greece during the summer holidays and have been dipping into it since. I have tried to restrict myself to a small fix every now and then. Its a lovely book and I knew instantly that I was in danger of reading it from cover to cover in one hit if I wasn't careful. In the mean time there would have been no housework done or dinners cooked so I decided to restrict my reading to tube journeys and Friday nights. How exciting is my life! Was a time I danced Friday nights away in smelly London rock clubs, getting the night bus home at 4am. Now my highlight is a good book and a glass of pinot grigio!

Anyway - I digress... Its a lovely book and well worth a read. Gil McNeil has written others so I hope to track down another in time for the Kangaroo workshop in France next week. Her web site is http://www.mcknits.co.uk/

Pictured alongside the book and my knitting bag is some Jaeger Ascot that I got at Ally Pally yesterday. Three of us shared a pack so it is a complete bargain. We are all going to knit the 'Toasty Shrug' from Winter Gifts by Rowan Classic. Ive already done half a ball - its really lovely to knit with.